Lathem FR650 Time Clock with Face Recognition System
Published by Sierra Monica P. on February 21, 2015 under Office
While regular clocks that we all know, display the time, time clocks also record time. They are used to keep track of the hours worked by employees of a company. In the early 1900s, the first models were simply stamping the times of arrival and departure on the employee’s card, while later, in the late 20th century, mechanical time clocks became computerized. Back then, employees had to swipe a magnetic stripe card, enter a unique number, scan a barcode, or bring an RFID tag into the proximity of an RFID reader. Nowadays, time clocks have become smartclocks equipped with wireless networking, full-color touchscreen, real-time monitoring, and wireless updates.
The FR650 model from Lathem is an example of advanced time clock with built-in biometric, face recognition system called FaceIN. Instead of scanning fingerprints, the clock scans the iris and hand of a person, offering a more hygienic and simple solution for companies and employees. It takes only a few seconds to recognize a person looking into the display and start tracking the worked time, without requiring cards, keys, badges, or pin numbers. The system uses a dual camera for 3D analysis of 60 facial points and pairs with the PayClock Online time and attendance service via Ethernet in order to transfer employee’s information into the database. Managers can edit and run reports, as well as export data to Paychex, ADP or QuickBooks. The system also supports USB flash drives for uploading or downloading punch data, when used as a stand-alone unit.
• Installation Method: Wall Mount
• Verification Speed: Less than 1 second
• Power: 12V DC, Working Current: 500 mA
• Record Capacity: 150,000 Time Records
• Display: 3.5 inch TFT color LCD, 65,000 colors, 320 x 240 resolution
• Keypad: 4 x 4 Touch Sensitive (Capacitive) Keypad
• Environment Light: 0-5000Lux
• Working Distance: 1 – 2.5 feet
• Working Humidity: 20% – 80%
• Working Temperature: 0°C – 40°C
• Size: 7.25″L x 3.5″W x 5.25″H
• Weight: 1.15lb.
• Installation Method: Wall Mounting
• Image Capacity: 70,000 Images
The time clock is available for $419.99.
Tags: time clock